Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The New Orleans experience—in photos!

Feasting on crawfish at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Steve Lambros, photo.

Y
our blog and NOLA photos had quite an effect on us, although not the one

you'd probably expect. We discussed it and decided we must each take a
camera with us so that not a single purely NOLA moment goes undocumented!

                  Long-time friends Laurie and Steve, AKA as "Seamheads."


Theirs was one of several comments regarding a recent post entitled Too Many Photos! written before PK and I joined Seamheads for a week of festing, feasting, and testing our endurance in New Orleans. While one reader kinda agreed with me about the absurdity of taking too many photos, most of which are worthless, everybody else staunchly defended picture snapping for reasons that included: preserving memories; sharing moments with friends and family; artistic expression, and on and on. Ok, ok. I agree. But still, I ended up with way too many photos once again and became mired in editing and sorting. I'll include some photos and observations in my next post about New Orleans. Seamheads, true to their word, each carried a camera in NOLA and snapped happily throughout the city, day and night. 


See the results of their quest to capture "only in New Orleans"  by clicking the link.
My photos compare unfavorably, and I'm not finished deleting the worst, so I'll leave them 'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment