Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What matters? Weather, for one thing.

Inside this nifty pop-up are provisions for a couple weeks. Despite how tiny it appears, it's quite deluxe with a heater, refrigerator, iPod hook-up, radio, and a commodious queen-sized bed that appears when the roof is extended. 
We may mock those who stoop to discussing weather to the exclusion of more worthy topics, but guess what? Weather matters. Last Sunday PK and I canceled travel plans to Reno and southern California because of serious road-blocking storms in northern California. Our brave little camper was all packed and ready to roll. We've had this trip on the calendar for months. But there we were on departure day, hunkering down to avoid trouble on the road and instead deal with home issues such as pruning and spraying apple trees, transplanting seedlings, and knocking out a few stories on a newsletter. I guess it wasn't so bad. We're leaving this Sunday no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the weather cooperates this time. We hear about all the storms coming in from CA but by the time they get here it's 200th of an inch of rain, if that!
    I did hear this AM that Elko had snow. I really have to get out a map and learn just where these places are in my new home state. I hope that's not on your route!
    Have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete